- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 2003
- M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1999
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL, 1997
Digital Signal Processing, speech recognition, characterization of speech and sound waves using wavelets and other time-frequency analysis methods, language modeling, data analysis techniques.
Learning behaviors of engineering students; assessment and evaluation of student performance; teaching and learning strategies that produce an effective learning environment.
Engineering education research on increasing retention, progression, graduation rates of students, improving quality of teaching and learning engineering, increasing diversity.
Broadening Participation Research on interest, motivation and perception in minority engineering students.
- D. Ludger, D. Carey, N. McNeal-Parham, S. Bernadin, "Intelligent Autonomous Systems for HCI", Florida Conference on Recent Advancements in Robotics, Florida International University, Miami, Florida, May 8-10, 2014
- Bernadin, Shonda, Megan MacPherson, Tejal Udhan, "Optimizing Performance of a Speech Analysis System for Orofacial Muscle Activity Data", Abstract Proceedings of the 2014 International Association of Journals and Conferences (IAJC)/ISAM Joint International Conference in Orlando, FL, September 27-29, 2014
- Bernadin, Shonda, Stephen Alexander, "Investigating Kalman Filtering for Charge Estimation in Battery Management Systems", Abstract Proceedings of the 2014 IAJC/ISAM Joint International Conference in Orlando, FL, September 27-29, 2014
- Bernadin, Shonda, Tejal Udhan, "Development of a Task Model using Evidence-Centered Assessment Design in a Speech signal Processing Course", Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Southeast Regional Conference 2014, Mercer University, March 31-April 1, 2014