Advising holds are placed on all Civil & Environmental students’ registration each semester. To have the hold removed, follow these steps:
See your academic advisor every spring and fall semester.
- Lists of advisors are posted in the CEE display case in the Civil & Environmental Engineering Hallway, COE Building A.
- Advisor contact information is posted in the CEE display case; phone numbers and email addresses are also available online at https://eng.famu.fsu.edu/cee/people.
With your advisor, plan your schedule for next semester and complete an academic advising form.
- Prepare a tentative class schedule before meeting with your advisor. Academic maps (curriculum flow charts) are posted in the CEE display case and available online at https://eng.famu.fsu.edu/cee/undergraduate/academic-maps.
- Complete an advising form. Advising forms are available in the main Civil & Environmental Engineering Office (Room A 129) or from your academic advisor. Both you and your advisor must sign the advising form.
Take the completed advising form to Tom Trimble, the CEE Academic Coordinator.
- Upon satisfactory review, Mr. Trimble will remove your advising hold.
Pre and co-requisites will be checked in CEE classes at the start of each semester. Students who do not meet these requirements are subject to being dropped from those courses. Students shall take CGN 4800 Pre-Senior Design and Professional Issues and CGN 4802 Senior Design Project in sequence. Students shall take CGN 4802 Senior Design Project during their last full semester of their undergraduate program. Students who do not meet these requirements are subject to being dropped from those courses.