Please contact CMS to set up your VPN account.
There should now be a new network connection available if you left-click the Network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on it and sign in. Optionally choose to have Windows remember your credentials.
- Right-click the Network icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and select "Open Network and Sharing Center".
- In the middle of that window, click "Set up a new connection or network".
- Select "Connect to a workplace" and click Next.
- Select "Use my Internet connection (VPN)".
- The internet address is vpn.eng.fsu.edu
- Destination Name can be anything you like, for example: "Engineering VPN".
- Click "Create".
Windows 7 :
- On the start bar, to the right hand side in the task bar, click on the network and sharing icon. Open the Network and sharing center. Or navigate to the control panel, then click Network and Internet, then click Network and Sharing Center.
- Under "Change network settings", click "Set up a new connection or network."
- Choose "Connect to a workplace."
- To connect, click "Use my internet connection (VPN)."
- The internet address is vpn.eng.fsu.edu. You may name the destination address anything you like, for example, "eng vpn." Click Next.
- Enter your VPN user name and password and click connect.
- Right click on "My Network Places" and select "Properties" at the bottom of the pull-down menu;
- double-click on New Connection Wizard and click on Next;
- select the second one from top (using dial-up or VPN) and click on Next;
- select the second one (VPN) and click on Next;
- enter the connection name (e.g. testvpn) and click on Next;
- select the first one (Do not dial) and click on Next;
- enter 220.127.116.11 and click on Next;
- check "Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop" and click Finish;
- enter username and password and click on connect;
- open an command window and type "ipconfig /all" withouot quotation marks:
[PPP adapter testvpn: should have something similar to the following]
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.201.xxx
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.1.201.xxx
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 18.104.22.168
- Type "route print" without quotation marks:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.201.xxx 10.1.201.xxx 1
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (original default gateway) 21
(Lines omitted for brevity)
- Test connection by tracert to several destinations. all paths should go by way of 10.0.0.1
- add a static route and delete the first default network
- route add 22.214.171.124 mask 255.255.255.255 [your original gateway IP address]
- route add 126.96.36.199 mask 255.255.248.0 10.1.201.xxx
- route delete 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 10.1.201.xxx
- where xxx is the same as shown in (11)
- type route print to check the new routing table
- (0.1) Right click on "My Network Places" and select "Properties" at the bottom of the pull-down menu
- (0.2) right click on the newly created icon (testvpn) and select "Properties" at the bottom of the pull-down menu
- (0.3) under "General" tab, make sure that "Show icon in notification area when connected" is checked
- Find the connection icon at the bottom right corner or your desktop, near time clock, and right click the icon and select "Disconnect" from the top of the pop-up menu
- Go to System Settings, which is located in the upper-left corner in the apple menu. Click "Network" in the Internet and Wireless section.
- To add a new network click the plus button in the left hand corner.
- The interface is VPN, The VPN type is PPTP. The service name can be anything you like, for example, "eng vpn." Click Create.
- From there, make sure "eng vpn," or whatever you decided to name your network, is selected.
- Type "vpn.eng.fsu.edu" in the server address box. Type your VPN account user name in the account box.
- Click "connect." From there you will be prompted from you VPN account password. Enter it and hit enter.
Linux Fedora 7 and 8:
After installation, type pptpconfig will pop up a configuration window. After configuration, add, and click on Start
- On each entry, click on the Routing tab and "Edit Network Routes.."
- add 146.201.24/21 to the Network: and click on Add
- stop and start the connection will give you the static route vip ppp0
- Update the list of packages: apt-get update
- Install PPTP Client: apt-get install network-manager-pptp
- Use the network manager GUI to configure a new VPN connection
- specify 188.8.131.52 for the gateway, your user name (leave password blank)
- make sure to check "Use Point-to-Point encrytpion (MPPE) under advanced settings