Designed for both full-time students and full-time working professionals, the MSSE program is a course-based non-thesis degree offered by the Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering. The program is 30 credit hours with a flexible completion time of 1-2 years. The program requires seven core courses and three domain-track technical electives with a culminating capstone project (3-hour course) where students exercise and demonstrate the systems engineering skills learned throughout the program.
Why get an advanced engineering degree with us?
- Completion time in as little as 19 months
- 30-credit hours
- All out-of-state students are eligible for a tuition reduction scholarship that will significantly offset the cost of tuition
- Increase your earning and promotion potential
- No entrance exam for GRE (GRE waiver request form) or GMAT required for students with qualifying degrees/experience
- Many corporations and public employers offer tuition waivers that make the degree completely free
Our curriculum is focused on helping you achieve the technical expertise for you to be a successful engineer and now with an online option we offer working professionals the opportunity to get the necessary training more conveniently than ever.
Who should apply?
Individuals with a bachelor’s degree in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering or a bachelor’s degree in a closely-related science, would benefit from an advanced MSSE degree.
- Working professionals and aspiring leaders in engineering fields
- Engineers who want to position themselves as technical leaders
- Those looking to develop flexible and tailorable skills in managing and sustaining technical teams and systems in dynamic environments
- Engineers interested in developing synergy across technical domains and multiple disciplines
- Military officers looking to promote in rank
- Civil service engineers looking to open up advancement opportunities
When is the best time to pursue an advanced MSSE degree?
Engineering professionals who have worked in the field for some time understand the evolution of the ever-changing profession. Getting an advanced MSSE degree will help you meet new challenges armed with the latest techniques. You will be better prepared for greater responsibility that will ultimately result in higher pay, career advancement opportunities, increased confidence and leadership roles in your career community.
The MSSE degree is available 100% online so that you can complete your degree while maintaining your career. With employer-sponsored tuition waivers, the degree is completely free. There’s never been a better time to get your advanced engineering degree!
For those interested in face-to-face classes, we offer the MSSE at the Florida State University-Panama City, FL campus as well.