Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering at a glance
The Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering is a broad discipline encompassing education and basic/applied research. It focuses on the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, material, information, equipment and energy.
Departmental Research Areas
- Applied Optimization
- Materials Research
- High-Performance Composite and Nanomaterials
- Structural Health Monitoring
- Multifunctional Nanomaterials Advanced Manufacturing
- Process Modeling
- Materials Manufacturing & Applications
- Healthcare Engineering Research Group
- Development and application of advanced analytical tools
- Improving the efficiency and efficacy of healthcare systems
- Statistical modeling
- Data mining
- Process Optimization
- Systems engineering
Active Research Collaborations
- High-Performance Materials Institute (HPMI)
- FAMU-FSU College of Engineering Departments of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Research Facilities
Within the Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering Department, studies are broadly organized into two (2) areas
- Manufacturing/Quality Engineering
- Industrial Systems
The mission of the Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering is to provide for students a solid industrial engineering curriculum coupled with a strong research program driven by the economic and technologic development needs of society.
Both the College of Engineering and the IME Department are currently expanding their curricula, outreach programs and industrial partnerships. The Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering offers courses leading to the Bachelor of Science (BSIE), Master of Science (MSIE) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degrees. The BSIE Degree program is fully accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).