- M.S., Civil Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1992
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1996
Professor Adalier is the Director of FSU Panama City Engineering Programs. Before joining Florida State University Panama City (FSUPC) in 2003, Professor Adalier served as a faculty of Civil Engineering at the Eastern Mediterranean University (Cyprus), Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Troy-NY). Professor Adalier has also been the Coordinator/Head of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program at FSUPC since 2005.
Professor Adalier’s primary expertise lies in the areas of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, earthquake engineering, soil dynamics, ground improvement, and forensic engineering in natural and man-made earth structures. Professor Adalier is an author or co- author of more than 100 technical publications (in over 70% as the first author) in the fields of geotechnical and earthquake engineering. He is a member of numerous technical associations and societies and a reviewer for ten different technical journals. He is also a recipient of several professional awards including the Casimir Gzowski Medal (2005) by the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers.
- “Liquefaction of Overconsolidated Sand: A Centrifuge Investigation.” K. Adalier, and A. Elgamal, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 9(SI1), pp. 127-150, 2005.
- “Embankment Dam on Liquefiable Foundation – Dynamic Behavior and Densification Remediation.” K. Adalier, and M.K. Sharp, ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 130(11), pp. 1214-1224, 2004.
- “Mitigation of Liquefaction and Associated Ground Deformations by Stone Columns.” K. Adalier, and A. Elgamal, Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 72(3-4), pp. 275-291, 2004.
- 4. “Earth Dam on Liquefiable Foundation and Remediation: Numerical Simulation of Centrifuge Experiments.” Z. Yang, A. Elgamal, K. Adalier, M.K. Sharp, ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 130(10), pp. 1168-1176, 2004.
- “Seismic Rehabilitation of Coastal Dikes by Sheet-Pile Enclosures.” K. Adalier, A. Pamuk, T.F. Zimmie, International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, Vol. 13(3), pp. 175- 181, 2003.
- “Stone Columns as Liquefaction Countermeasure in Non-Plastic Silty Soils.” K. Adalier, A. Elgamal, J. Meneses, I.J. Baez, Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 23(7), pp. 571-584, 2003.
- “Numerical Analysis of Seismically-Induced Liquefaction in Earth Embankment Foundations. Part II: Application of Remedial Measures.” K. Adalier, O. Aydingun, Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 40(4), pp. 766-779, 2003. Rev. 01/2018
- “Centrifuge Modeling for Seismic Retrofit Design of an Immersed Tube Tunnel.” K. Adalier, T. Abdoun, R. Dobry, R. Phillips, D. Yang, E. Naesgaard, International Journal of Physical Modeling in Geotechnics, Vol. 3(2), pp 23-32, 2003.
- “Seismic Response of Adjacent Saturated Dense and Loose Sand Columns.” K. Adalier, and A. Elgamal, Journal of Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 22(2), pp. 115-127, 2002.
- “Structural Engineering Aspects of the June 27, 1998 Adana-Ceyhan (Turkey) Earthquake.” K. Adalier, O. Aydingun, Journal of Engineering Structures, Vol. 23(4), pp. 343-355, 2001.