- The Major in Biomedical Engineering has a separate Curriculum Guide and Checklist.
- There is no advanced chemistry elective required for the biomedical engineering major.
Biomedical Engineering Science and Design (3/3/3 credit hours)
- BME 3009 Introduction to Biomedical Engineering (3)
- BME 4403C Quantitative Anatomy and Systems Physiology I (3)
- BME 4404C Quantitative Anatomy and Systems Physiology II (3)
Biomedical Engineering Elective (3)
Select one (1) of the following courses:
- BME 4007 Biomedical Engineering (3) or
- ECH 4743 Chemical Engineering-Bioengineering (3)
A six (6) credit hour sequence in the Department's Undergraduate Research Program, consisting of the course designations BME 4904 (BME - URP) or BME 4906 (BME - Honors in the Major), will substitute for the Biomedical Engineering Elective requirement.
Additional Electives Recommended for Pre-Med Students (FSU / FAMU):
- BCH 4053 (FSU) / BSC 4033 (FAMU) General Biochemistry I (3)
- BSC 2010L (FSU) / BSC 1010L (FAMU) Biological Science I Lab (1)
- BSC 2011 (FSU) / BSC 1011 (FAMU) Biological Science II (3)
- BSC 2011L (FSU) / BSC 1011L (FAMU) Biological Science II Lab (2)
- CHM 2210L (FAMU) Organic Chemistry I Lab (1)
- CHM 2211L Organic Chemistry II Lab (FSU: 3; FAMU: 1)
- PCB 3063 General Genetics (3)
- PSY 2012 General Psychology (3)