Advanced Chemistry Elective (3-4 credit hours)
The advanced chemistry elective is to be selected from the following courses offered in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at FSU, FAMU, or both. Additional courses may occasionally be approved by the Chair of the Department of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering.
Select one (1) of the following courses:
- ECH 4937 – Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (3)
- CHM 3120 Introduction to Analytical Chemistry with Lab (FSU) (3) or
CHM 3120 and CHM 3120L Quantitative Analysis with Lab (FAMU) (2/2)
- CHM 4080 Environmental Chemistry I (FSU) (3)
- CHM 4081 Environmental Chemistry II (FSU) (3)
- CHM 4410 Physical Chemistry I or CHM 4411 Physical Chemistry II (FSU & FAMU) (3)
- CHM 2211L Organic Chemistry II Laboratory (FSU) (3)
- CHM 4130 and CHM 4130L Instrumental Analysis with Lab (FAMU) (2/2)
- BCH 4053 General Biochemistry I (FSU) (3) or
BCH 4033 Biochemistry I (FAMU) (3).
Chemical Engineering Electives (3/3)
- The two chemical engineering electives (three  semester hours each) are to be selected from the 4000-level elective courses offered in the Department of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering.
- Note: A six (6) credit hour sequence in the Department's Undergraduate Research Program, consisting of the course designations ECH 4904 (ECH URP) or ECH 4906 (ECH Honors in the Major), will substitute for the Chemical Engineering Electives requirement.