- Ph.D., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2000
- M.S., Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 1995
- B.E.E., Huazhong University of Science & Technology, 1992
- Bi-directional dc-dc converters
- Micro-grid inverter control
- Cascaded multilevel inverter
- Advanced digital control technique and renewable energy generation
Current Research Projects
- Development of innovative technologies to integrate Wide Bandgap (WBG) devices based Photovoltaic converter
Dr. Hui Li (S'97-M'00-SM'01) received the B.S. and M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Huazhong University of Science & Technology, China in 1992 and 1995, respectively. She received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 2000.
Currently she is a professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, FAMU-FSU college of Engineering. Her research interests include bi-directional dc-dc converters, micro-grid inverter control, cascaded multilevel inverter, advanced digital control technique and renewable energy generation. She serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics and received NSF Career Award in 2007. Recently she leads a FSU team as part of newly rewarded DOE Next Generation Power Electronics Innovation Institute. In this institute, her research is focused on developing Wide Bandgap (WBG) devices based PV converter with reduced cost and improved reliability. The research goal is to develop innovative technologies of PV converters with WBG devices integration to achieve high performance operation, cost reduction and reliability improvement competitive with current PV converters.
- Liu, L., & Li, H., "Decoupled Active and Reactive Power Control for Large Scale Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems Using Cascaded Modular Multilevel Converters," IEEE Transaction in Power Electronics (in press).
- Zhou, Y., & Li, H. "Analysis and Suppression of Leakage Current in Cascaded-Multilevel-Inverter based PV systems," IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, 14 pages (in press).
- Yang, Y., Li, H., Zheng, J., & Aichhorn, A., "Sizing Strategy of Distributed Battery Storage System with High Penetration of Photovoltaic for Voltage Regulation and Peak Load Shaving," IEEE Transaction on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, issue 2, 982-991, (2014).
- Liu, X., Li, H., & Wang, Z., "A Fuel Cell Power Conditioning System with Low-frequency Ripple Free Input Current Using a Control-oriented Power Pulsation Decoupling Strategy," IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics, vol.29, no.1, 159-169, (2014).
- Greenleaf, M., Li, H., & Zheng, J., "Modeling of LixFePo4 Cathode Li-Ion Batteries Using Linear Electrical Circuit Model," IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol.4, no.4, 1065-1070, (2013).