The deadline for FSU students to change the grading type for their FSU undergraduate engineering courses is extended to 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 5. (The deadline for non-engineering courses is not being extended.)
The request process and reason for this extension are explained below.
Our administrative processes will require a good bit of manual work, so we need your help to keep our process streamlined. To make/submit your requests to change grading type:
- Use the form at this link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=61Bkowbbp0KNGwJnGfcB42FklCHzMcdElCon2e344stUOFZXQ0RMNFRIRVJHM0s4SU0yV0xUWDZORy4u
- Use one form per course (e.g., if you want to change grading type for 3 courses, then you will submit the form 3 times).
- You may request:
- to select S/U grading (and no further action will be needed on your or your instructor's part), or
- to switch back to letter grading if you previously requested S/U grading for the course through the university's system. (IMPORTANT: You will need to seek approval from your instructor to switch back to letter grading, as the instructor may have already graded assignments using S/U rubrics. Ask your instructor to send an email to Frederika Manciagli email@example.com, stating your name, the course, and their agreement to assign a letter grade. If the instructor has already graded your work using only S/U rubrics, then the instructor reserves the right to maintain the S/U grade instead of letter grade; if this happens, we hope you will be understanding. If Ms. Manciagli does not receive an email from your instructor by 11:00 a.m. on May 5, then your request will not be processed.)
- At the end of the form, click the box to request an email receipt of your request.
- The 11:00 a.m. May 5th deadline is FIRM.
Student Services office will send you an email notification once we begin processing the responses with the university.
REASON for deadline extension:
As many of you know, FSU's deadline for choosing S/U grading this semester was earlier than FAMU's. We worked with FSU throughout the development of their S/U policy and deadline, and because of the way the gradebooks in their grading system are set, our FSU engineering students had to follow FSU's deadline. However, we have been working with FSU administrators, and we have figured out a way to handle additional changes to grading types through 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 5.