This training, sponsored by the Department of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering, is open to all undergraduate and graduate students to prepare them for safe work in an engineering lab.
The Department of Chemical & Biomedical Engineering will be hosting on-campus safety training at the COE on Friday 23 August. Provided by FSU EH&S, this training is mandatory for all new/incoming CBE graduate students & postdocs who have not yet attended the training sessions below, but all trainees (postdoctoral, graduate and undergraduate) and faculty are welcome to attend. Continuing trainees may elect to take the annual online refresher courses that are offered through FSU EH&S as an alternative (see the FSU EH&S website for training options, descriptions and calendars: https://www.safety.fsu.edu/sections/training.php).
COE Registration: https://famu-fsu-engineering.forms-db.com/view.php?id=25392
For the 23 August training, the following agenda will be followed:
FSU EH&S Training at the COE, A113 - 23 August 2019
- 09:30-10:15am: Haz Waste Awareness/Intro to Lab Safety/Haz Comm
- 10:15-10:30am: Break
- 10:30-11:30pm: Fire Safety with extinguisher simulator training
- 11:30-11:45am: Break
- 11:45am-12:45pm: Biosafety Level 2 (includes Bloodborne Pathogens) training
Also, as always, incoming CBE graduate students are expected to complete online training in the following:
- Compressed Gas Training: www.safety.fsu.edu/sections/trainingonline-compressedgas.php
- Cryogen Safety Training: www.safety.fsu.edu/sections/trainingonline-cryogens.php
- Electrical Safety Awareness Training: www.safety.fsu.edu/sections/trainingonline-electrical.php