Curriculum Designation: Required for electrical engineering and computer engineering majors.
Course (Catalog) Description: Laboratory in support of EEL 3705.
Prerequisite: COP 3014
Corequisites: EEL 3705
- Maintain a lab notebook and describe the results in a predefined format.
- Derive digital circuits from Boolean equations and implement the circuit design using a programmable logic device.
- Analyze and interpret data obtained from a digital logic circuit.
- Design, simulate, and implement a combinational logic circuit using modern computer-aided design software and programmable logic devices.
- Design, simulate, and implement a synchronous sequential digital logic circuit using computer-aided design software and programmable logic devices.
- Design, simulate, and implement a multi-modular digital logic system.
- Basic digital logic gates
- Boolean algebra and logic gates
- Introduction to CAD software for logic design
- Combinatorial logic design laboratories
- Sequential circuit/finite state machine design laboratories
- Design Project
Class Schedule: One 165 minute lab per week (1 credit hour).
Contribution to Professional Component: Engineering topics: 1 credit hour
Science/Design (%): 10% / 90%
Relationship to ABET Student Outcomes: G
Prepared by: Bruce A. Harvey
Revised: September 23, 2016