- Ph.D., ECE, University of Maryland, College Park, 2004
- M.S., Physics, Al. I. Cuza University, Romania, 1999
- B.S., Physics, Al. I. Cuza University, Romania, 1997
- Electrochemical systems
- Nano and power electronic devices
- Noise and hysteresis
Petru Andrei received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Maryland, College Park in 2004 and his M.S. and B.S. in Physics from the Alexandru I. Cuza University in Romania. He joined the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering in Fall 2004.
Dr. Andrei is working on the modeling and simulation of nanoscale and power semiconductor devices, energy storage devices, magnetic materials, and on computational electromagnetics. He is particularly interested in the modeling of metal-air and Li-ion batteries, supercapacitors, fuel cells, analysis of fluctuations, variability, and noise in electronic devices, quantum induced effects in nanoscale devices, redesign and optimization techniques, inverse problems, modeling and analysis of the magnetic properties of nanostructure systems, fast multipole methods, hysteresis, and thermal relaxation phenomena in nanostructures.
Dr. Andrei is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and American Physical Society (APS) and is currently serving as referee for numerous journals. He served or is currently serving as Treasurer, International Adviser Board, Program Committee Member, Printing and Publicity, Publication Editor, and/or Executive Committee Member for the International Conference on Magnetism (INTERMAG), Magnetics and Magnetic Materials (MMM), and International Conference on Simulation of Semiconductor Processes and Devices. He is also a member of the advisory boards and technical committees of other international conferences.
For a complete list of publications please check the page on Google Scholar.
- M. Dimian and P. Andrei, "Noise-driven phenomena in hysteretic systems," Springer, New York, ISBN: 978-1-4614-1373-8, 2014
- S. Aghaei, M. Mehta, P. Andrei, M. Hagmann, "Challenges and opportunities in atomistic dopant profiling using capacitance-voltage measurements," ASMC, pp. 130-135 (2014)
- M. Dimian, P. Andrei, M. Grayson, "Hybrid models of hysteresis for mixed hysteretic loops in heterogeneous magnetic materials," J. Appl. Phys., 115, 17D103, (2014)
- M. Mehta, G. Mixon, J. Zheng, P. Andrei, "Analytical Electrochemical Impedance Modeling of Li-Air Batteries under DC Discharge," J. Electrochem. Soc., vol. 160, pp. A2033-2045 (2013)