Chemical Engineering - Course (non-thesis) Option, (thirty  semester hours)
The course-type master's degree is awarded upon successful completion of the following requirements:
- Nine (9) semester hours of chemical engineering core courses (see below)
- Twenty-one (21) semester hours of approved electives
- Registration and attendance at all departmental seminars - ECH 5935, ChE Seminar (0)
No course with a grade below "C" will be counted toward fulfillment of degree requirements. No more than one course with a grade of "C" will be counted toward fulfillment of degree requirements.
Transfer credit from another institution is limited to six (6) semester hours towards the MS degree and only with departmental approval.
Note: Departmental support generally is not available for students pursuing a non-thesis master's degree.
Required Chemical Engineering Core Graduate Courses (nine  semester hours):
- ECH 5126 - Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics I (3)
- ECH 5261 - Advanced Transport Phenomena I (3)
- ECH 5840 - Advanced Chemical Engineering Mathematics I (3)
Chemical Engineering Electives (twenty-one  semester hours):
Students should consulate major professor to determine the elective courses offered by the department. Additional elective courses may be found in the University Graduate Bulletin.